The underlying connection was closed...

Dec 23, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I have been using this program with great success for several months.  I kind of love it when I have to make a long list of calls.  However, yesterday I started to get the following error:

"The underlying connection was closed:  Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."

I wonder if a recent Windows 7 update broke it.  Can you advise on how to get it working again?

Thanks!

Andy

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Is this still a problem? Does it happen on every call, or just once in a while?

I run on Windows 7 with all the latest updates and does not have your problem.

Typically the problem is related to missing or invalid certificates, either on the server (i.e. Vonage servers) or client side. I did notice that the Vonage just renewed their server certificate, so if you no longer have the problem then this was an issue with Vonage servers. If it's still there - and assuming you have restarted outlook since you first saw the problem, you are more than likely missing root certificates on your system. Make sure you have all the latest Windows updates installed.

If none of that works, try uninstalling and installing VDialer again. You should not loose any of your settings by doing that. If that does not help either I'll do what I can to help you troubleshoot.

Dec 30, 2010 at 8:40 PM
Edited Apr 14, 2014 at 7:03 PM
It seems to have resolved itself.