Does this only work for a specific Vonage type of account?

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I have a Vonage World Account and the Vonage adapter.  I loaded the plugin which looks great by the way and tried to make calls.  My vonage line never rang. I tried with simulring and my mobile phone rang however it disconnected as soon as I answered it.

I love the idea of this program, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Is this only supposed to be used with the softphone? Please advise.

I am using Outlook 2007 on a Windows 7 machine.

Best,

-David

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2009 at 9:32 AM

The plugin is supposed to be working for any type of Vonage account; however I have the same problem as you. I currently have Simulring disabled, but after a while the call is forwarded to my mobile as if there is no internet connection. I restarted the Vonage phone adapter to make sure it wasn't the problem, with the same result.

Unfortunately this is a problem with the click2callu service (https://secure.click2callu.com/) that the plugin relies on. I am not sure if the service is being decommissioned, or if this is just a temporary interruption. If this is a permanent situation, I plan to hook the plugin into the Vonage Contact Center service instead (https://cc.vonage.com/). I could probably have a fix in place by mid-January.

Dec 29, 2009 at 4:45 PM

I called because I was having the problem with Vonage's Click2Call plug-in as well.  They said there was an issue with click-2-call and gave me an ETR of mid January for repair.  I guess it is not a high priority for them....

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2009 at 8:30 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2010 at 6:55 AM

A patch that solves the issue has been posted on the downloads page.

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2010 at 3:19 PM

It seems that Vonage has corrected the issue. I am leaving the patch on the download page for those that are interested; it is however no longer required.